Botox Injections for Men Questions and Answers
Are you starting to notice fine lines and wrinkles? Let Men’s Health of Mississippi help you turn back time with our Botox injections. Book an appointment online or simply call us and inquire about our assorted menu of medical aesthetics for men.
Are you starting to notice fine lines and wrinkles? Let Men’s Health of Mississippi help you turn back time with our Botox injections. Book an appointment online today or call and inquire about our assorted menu of medical aesthetics for men.
Does insurance cover Botox?
For the majority of cosmetic procedures, insurance may not cover the cost of Botox when used for a cosmetic purpose or in a cosmetic treatment. However, coverage for medical Botox varies, with FDA-approved conditions being covered; but insurance may or may not cover off-label uses. If you need to know whether your insurance will cover a Botox treatment, call your insurance provider and inquire about your coverage. You should speak with both your insurance provider and the medical professionals at Men’s Health of Mississippi about your costs to learn whether or not you are eligible for coverage or not, and if your doctor offers competitive self-pay options if it is not covered.
How many units of Botox will I need?
If you are undergoing Botox treatment, then the amount of Botox you will need for treatment will depend on a number of factors. These factors include, but are not limited to, the size and strength of your muscle and what muscle you are having treated. Your doctor will usually recommend a range based on the different areas of the face.
For the glabella region, the vertical area lines on your forehead, will usually require between 20 to 35 units of Botox, while the horizontal lines, or the frontalis muscle, will require approximately between 6 to 20 units. Lastly, for crow’s feet, the usual requirement is between 6 to 15 units, depending on the person. For those looking at Botox treatment, it is recommended that you speak with your medical provider who will evaluate and decide how many units of Botox are appropriate for your treatment – taking into account all factors, including your desired results.
Do’s and don’ts after Botox?
For those receiving Botox treatment, it is important to note that there are certain activities that you should or should not do, following treatment. If you have any questions or concerns post-Botox treatment, speak with your doctor about what to expect, as these dos and don’ts are only a guide.
- Stay upright for two hours after your treatment, to avoid pressure in the area and to avoid increasing the blood flow to the area, which might cause your Botox to disperse and diminish the length of its effectiveness.
- You should move the injected areas in the first hour after treatment by making exaggerated facial expressions, which helps the Botox reach all of the cells it needs to in order to make it most effective.
- Avoid getting too hot for forty-eight hours following treatment; avoid strenuous exercise, alcohol, sun beds, and saunas, as this can cause increased blood flow, which may diminish the effects of the Botox and affect how long it will last.
- Do not apply make-up or any spray tans for at least six hours after treatment to avoid the risk of infection.
- Do not apply any pressure when you are cleansing your face, following the procedure as this is to keep the Botox in place and to allow it to reach and permeate the cells it needs to in order to have the desired affects.
- Do not wear tight garments or caps in the areas that you had treated, as this can constrict blood flow which prevents the Botox from absorbing and having its full, desired effect.
- Lastly, do not have any of the following for two weeks following your Botox treatment: facial massages, facial electric stimulation, dermaroller, semi-permanent make-up, laser treatments, or microdermabrasion.
If you are interested in Botox treatments to help erase fine lines and wrinkles, then call us at Men’s Health of Mississippi now to book your consultation. We serve patients from Madison MS, Jackson MS, Flowood MS, Brandon MS, Ridgeland MS, Florence MS, Richland MS, Byram MS, Terry MS, Clinton MS, Vicksburg MS and Flora MS.
Additional Services We Offer