Evaluation and Treatment of Premature Ejaculation in Madison MS
Men’s Health of Mississippi offers the best and most effective treatments for premature ejaculation to improve men’s sexual health in Madison, MS. For more information, please call us or request an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Premature ejaculation, or PE, usually refers to an instance where a man ejaculates sooner than he or his sexual partner would like. This can happen in any sexual instance but is most common during intercourse that includes penetration. Although it can be embarrassing, upsetting, and highly stigmatized, premature ejaculation is a common sexual issue. Although estimates may be off due to the sensitive nature of the subject, as many as 1 out of 3 men have experienced this problem at some time or another. There may be a range in how intense or frequently you experience this problem.
There can be a range in how ‘severe’ your PE is. While many men have experienced this at least once, or once in a while, some may experience it frequently to the point where it impacts their sexual health and overall wellbeing. Your PE may be significant if you:
– Always, or almost always, ejaculate within one minute of sexual contact (including penetration, or other forms of intimate sexual contact)
– Are unable to at all delay ejaculation during sexual contact, all or almost all of the time
– Feel upset, distressed, and continually frustrated, and then avoid most forms of sexual intimacy as a result
While these are some general guidelines, the most important thing to understand is that there is no “right” time to seek treatment or help for your PE. Even if you only experience it occasionally, if it is impacting your mental, emotional, and sexual well-being, then it deserves to be addressed with a supportive professional.
PE is very common, with rough estimates that 1 in every 3 men have experienced it. With that said, there is unfortunately tremendous stigma around the topic, meaning that the number is probably higher than reported since there can be a hesitancy to disclose it to health professionals. PE can impact men of all ages, walks of life, and levels of sexual experience.
Usually, there is no one sole cause of PE. It is most commonly an interaction of both biological and psychological factors. Some common psychological factors may include:
– Earlier sexual experiences than average
– A past history of sexual abuse
– Generally poor body image
– Depression and/or other mood disorders
– A built-up worry or anxiety over premature ejaculation
– Guilty feelings, which may increase the tendency to rush through sexual encounters
– Anxiety. Many men with premature ejaculation may also have general issues with anxiety, either about sexual performance or other issues (which may be related)
– Relationship problems. Stress or difficult interpersonal issues with your current sexual partner may play a role in PE
There can also be a number of physical issues that may cause or worsen PE, including:
– Erectile dysfunction. In some cases, men who are anxious about having or maintaining an erection during sexual intercourse could form a habit of rushing to ejaculate
– Imbalanced hormone levels (including low testosterone levels)
– Inflammation and infection of the prostate or urethra
Yes. Too often, men may be experiencing PE and feel that they are a failure, like something is “wrong” with them, and that they have to suffer in silence or try to fix the problem on their own. This does not have to be the case. At Men’s Health of Mississippi, we have professionals that can provide a comfortable, safe, supportive environment for you to discuss your PE, and provide treatment options. We will work with you to determine your health history and life situation, ensure there are no underlying health issues, and if so, move ahead with the right treatment. There are solutions to PE. Your sexual well-being is important. Contact us today to find the right support for you.
We serve patients from Madison MS, Jackson MS, Flowood MS, Brandon MS, Ridgeland MS, Florence MS, Richland MS, Byram MS, Terry MS, Clinton MS, Vicksburg MS and Flora MS.
Additional Services We Offer